In our daily operations, RCU strives to minimize our carbon footprint and our impact on the environment through efforts to reduce our use of energy and resources, including:
- Use of recycled paper products including letterhead, envelopes, restroom and kitchen supplies.
- Where possible, marketing materials are printed using eco-friendly soy-based inks and recycled paper.
- We installed and use Energy Star appliances and copy/printing machines, including multi-function devices that increase scanning and double-sided printing capabilities.
- Conversion of many notices and correspondence to electronic formats.
Branches & Facilities Include Sustainable & Earth Friendly Designs & Features
Our LEED Certified Administrative building in Santa Rosa, California, serves as a key representation of our focus on integrating sustainability into our facilities. Environmentally-friendly features include:
- Recycled business supplies and recycled/renewable construction materials
- Environmentally-friendly paints and finishes
- Use of technology to enhance and maximize climate control and energy efficiency
- Use of natural light and sensor-based office lighting to decrease energy usage
- Water-efficient restroom facilities and landscaping practices