Exceptional Service ~ Exceptional People
The Redwood Credit Union Story
RCU has been serving the North Bay communities with quality financial services since 1950. One visit to RCU, and you will quickly sense and experience our passion for serving others.
We have grown to become the 64th largest credit union in the United States, with offices located throughout the Northern Bay Area of California.We are a full service financial institution, assisting Members and small business owners with achieving their financial goals and dreams.We are proud to offer a work environment focused on our key values of Service, Trust, People and Cooperation.
Would you like to work for a trusted organization that values its employees?A RCU career is a journey that starts with a positive, productive, and engaging workplace where employees are valued and respected.
We are looking for a Communications & Public Relations Specialist.The successful candidate will have the demonstrated experience to assist in developing, researching, writing, proofreading, editing and executing organizational communications, social media and public relations efforts to support the Redwood Group’s strategic objectives and business needs.This role supports Member communications, public relations activities, key Management & Officials’ communications and urgent/crisis communications. This role also supports internal and external communications through writing and/or review and editing/proofreading. The Communications & Public Relations Specialist acts as the organization’s social media specialist and an internal expert for social media responses. Provide communication support to the organization including the President & CEO, Senior Leadership Team and volunteer Officials. Perform a variety of communications, social media, public and media relations tasks and projects.
As a Communications & Public Relations Specialist you will:
- Be the key writer for Redwood Credit Union’s corporate communications. This includes being responsible for a wide variety of assignments such as writing and/or editing Member communications, Senior Management and Officials’ public communications, copywriting for Member letters and emails, newsletters, brochures, annual report, website copy and knowledge base questions and answers, emails, videos, social media efforts and responses, press releases, and other communications and materials. Also include developing, writing and editing of a wide range of communication efforts including annual reports, speeches, merger communications, staff/Member frequently asked questions (FAQs) and other key projects.
- Exhibit extremely strong project management, communication and organizational skills to manage all aspects of communications for key projects such as speech writing, requests for proposals, and other specialized communications.
- Research assigned projects and quickly produces work that represents the voice and brand of Redwood Credit Union, RCU Insurance Services and RCU Auto Services, while ensuring consistency with existing tone/feel of our internal and external communications.
- Provide brand and quality control for department and organizational efforts by writing, proofreading and/or editing a wide variety of communication pieces, including emails, letters, notices, web copy, forms and disclosures, internal and external communications, etc.
- Continually review the credit union industry, financial and economic environments for emerging consumer and business trends to incorporate into communications and drive recommendations for key issues to be addressed and communicated to a variety of audiences. Also uses this information to continually enhance communication pieces to ensure relevance, and shares insights with the organization.
- Build relationships with local and trade media.
- Field requests from the media for interviews. Make recommendations regarding best approach to response, coordinates interviews, researches media questions and crafts key messages/preparation documents. Be the key player in preparing interviewees for interviews with media.
- Act as a back-up for the Social Media Administrator for the Redwood Group. Identify and recommend key social media sites our organization should participate in, including gaining buy-in to and approval for recommendations, establish RCU on these sites, monitor and respond to post, blogs, etc. and gain approvals and/or engages others as needed in ensuring RCU’s voice in these conversations is effective, appropriate for the medium and well-branded. This role requires ability to exercise independent and good judgment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven knowledge and skills in the writing and positioning of corporate communications and promotional efforts including CEO letters and speeches, complex corporate communications, annual reports, brochures, website, press releases, social media responses, crisis communications, etc.
- Proven skills in media relations, public relations strategies, techniques and practices, and media responsiveness.
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, principles, practices and writing techniques, including grammar and punctuation.
- Skill in the operations of a PC with Internet/intranet, operating system, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software. Also, experience and knowledge of a variety of software and online tools and resources.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in social media including techniques for content creation and management, creating engaging content, knowledge of techniques and strategies for building social media following and more.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Demonstrated abilities in complex project management.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to ensure brand and quality control.
- Ability to analyze situations and recommend solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse group of people.
- Ability to work under pressure and to communicate effectively in crisis situations while meeting urgent deadlines.
A combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, public relations or closely related field and three years of specific job-related experience including writing, proofreading and editing.
At RCU you will be professionally challenged and rewarded for your contributions.We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits.Our benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage and a generous Paid Time Off program.In addition, we offer a 401(k) with a generous company match, life insurance, and LTD/STD.
Service ~ Trust ~ People ~ Cooperation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are interested in this career opportunity with Redwood Credit Union, apply now.