Redwood Credit Union Elects Board of Directors
RCU volunteer officials named for three-year terms, 2021-2024
Robert Eyler, RCU Board Secretary
Jim Olmsted, RCU Board Treasurer
Rod Dole, RCU Board Chair
Judy Herrerias-James, RCU Board Vice Chair
Jeri Hansen, RCU Board Member
David Gouin, RCU Board Member
Santa Rosa, Calif. - Redwood Credit Union (RCU) announces the re-election to its board of directors of two volunteer officials and other noteworthy events that took place subsequent to the credit union’s annual meeting.
- Robert Eyler, who has served as an RCU volunteer official since 2009, and as a board member since 2011. He’s a professor of economics and the director of the Center for Regional Economic Analysis, as well as the associate vice president of government and regional relations at Sonoma State University. He holds a doctorate in economics from the University of California at Davis, and a bachelor’s degree in economics from California State University, Chico. Dr. Eyler is also chief economist of the Marin Economic Forum, an organization focused on Marin County’s sustainable growth through business vitality, social equity, and environmental balance.
- Jim Olmsted, who has been an RCU volunteer official since 1993 and has served on the credit union’s supervisory committee, as well as the board of directors for RCU Services Group. He is the principal of Olmsted & Associates, a land use planning consulting firm, based in Santa Rosa. He formerly held various management-level positions for public planning jurisdictions in the greater Bay Area. Mr. Olmsted holds a bachelor’s degree in social science/urban geography from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.
The board has also named its officer roles for the year as follows:
- Rod Dole as Board Chair
- Judy Herrerias-James as Board Vice Chair
- Robert Eyler as Board Secretary
- Jim Olmsted as Board Treasurer
The following individuals were promoted from associate board members to board members:
To learn more about the board and the credit union’s strategic direction for last year, view RCU’s 2020 Annual Report.
RCU’s board of directors sets the credit union’s strategic direction and policies. Because credit unions are not-for-profit cooperatives, RCU’s board is comprised of RCU members who serve voluntarily and are elected by the membership.
About Redwood Credit Union
Founded in 1950, Redwood Credit Union is a full-service financial institution providing personal and business banking to consumers and businesses in the North Bay and San Francisco. RCU offers complete financial services including checking and savings accounts, auto and home loans, credit cards, online and mobile banking, business services, commercial and SBA lending, and more. Wealth management and investment services are available through CUSO Financial Services L.P., and insurance and auto-purchasing services are also offered through RCU Services Group (RCU’s wholly owned subsidiary). RCU has more than $6.7 billion in assets and serves more than 385,000 members with full-service branches from San Francisco to Ukiah. For more information,
call 1 (800) 479-7928, visit redwoodcu.org, or follow RCU on Facebook,
Instagram, and Twitter for news and updates.