Skip nav to main content.

How do I stop payment on a debit or credit card charge?

Unfortunately, once a merchant or business has an authorization on your debit or credit card, it cannot be stopped. Unlike writing a check, there is no "stop payment" process, so to reverse the charge you will need to dispute it.

If you wish to dispute a transaction made with your Visa debit card or Visa credit card, you may do so using one of the following options:

  • Log in to your online banking and use the “Dispute a Card Transaction” process, located in the “Manage Cards” and “Member Services” menus
  • Call our Member Service Center at 1 (800) 479-7928
  • Visit a branch