Welcome to RCU's Community Fund!
Redwood Credit Union is committed to supporting wellness in our communities and our Redwood Credit Union Community Fund (RCUCF) provides yet another platform for doing that. In the beginning, the Fund’s focus was financial literacy. But in 2015 the Lake County fires made it clear we needed to help our communities in additional ways. Since that time, the Fund has also aided several fire and flood relief efforts in the North Bay counties we serve.
In times of disaster, the Fund kicks in to provide:
- Housing security – temporary housing support for those who lost their home or are at risk of becoming homeless because they experienced a loss of employment/income due to a disaster
- Food security – urgent food support for people directly impacted by a disaster
- Community wellness – community-building efforts that promote resilience, goodwill, connection, and healing after a disaster
- Mental health and wellness – trauma recovery programs, services, and initiatives for those impacted by a disaster
In an ongoing effort to support the financial education of our communities, the Fund is always there to:
- Support financial education for people of all ages to learn essential money management skills
- Support financial wellness, including local job and economic vitality programs in our communities
Programs Supported by the Redwood Credit Union Community Fund
The Redwood Credit Union Community Fund supports a variety of financial education and community wellness programs and efforts throughout the year. Donations made to the RCUCF support programs such as:
- Financial education events and seminars: RCU frequently hosts or supports financial education events and seminars on topics such as budgeting, basic money management, identity theft, understanding one’s credit, avoiding fraud, and more.
- Other financial education and community programs: donations to RCUCF support other programs that provide financial education and programs in our communities.