Thank You For Your Support:
Lake County Fire Victims Relief Fund Update
Our thanks to the generous support of over 12,000 donors who assisted our neighbors in need after the Lake County fires, by contributing $2.5 million to the Lake County Fire Victims Relief Fund.
Your contributions have supported the needs of Lake County in the aftermath of the fires in the following ways:
- Students, teachers and school employees who lost homes received gift cards to replace clothes and supplies
- Hundreds of residents were provided grants to aid urgent food, shelter and housing needs
- Funds supported first responders including fire fighters and sheriff office employees who lost homes while fighting the fires and protecting the community
- Funding for materials for fire victims to build paddocks was provided to keep large animals and livestock safe
- Swift water and mud slide equipment and training was provided to protect the Lake County community
- Extensive support for the 2015 holiday season was provided including food, gifts and community events
- Nearly $900,000 was distributed to approximately 1,200 survivors who lost their primary residence in the fires
- Over $540,000 was provided to help rebuild and furnish homes for fire survivors
- Funding for a school district counselor was provided to support students struggling to recover from the impact of the fires
- Over $100,000 in funding for business recovery grants and education was provided for locally owned small businesses in Lake County
Additional details about fund allocations are available here. To view letters from Lake County fire survivors to our donors, please click here.
The Lake County Fire Victims Relief Fund was established by Redwood Credit Union Community Fund, Inc. in partnership with Redwood Credit Union and the Press Democrat, and in conjunction with Senator Mike McGuire and many local community advisors. 100% of your donations aided those impacted by the Lake County fires.
Redwood Credit Union Community Fund Inc. (RCUCF) is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization—Tax ID #47-5084832. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
If you have any questions, please contact RCU Community Fund, Inc.: (707) 576-5303 or (800) 479-7928, ext. 65303.
Thank you again for your generous contributions to our neighbors in need — together we made a difference!