Student wellness resources
Helping students manage challenging feelings & challenging times
It’s been a turbulent time, and our social, emotional, and mental health have been impacted. For the children and youth in our community, there have been additional stressors in having to adapt to remote learning and being distanced from friends.
Redwood Credit Union is committed to helping our communities stay emotionally healthy through this challenging time, so we partnered with author and social/emotional learning expert Jennifer Miller, M.Ed, and the long-standing, local mental health nonprofit NAMI Sonoma County to produce video resources. The videos are designed to help children and youth, and their support networks, understand their emotions so they can make good choices and communicate well with others. Spanish subtitles are available for each video.
- Big Feelings List
- Healthy Coping Strategies
- Family Emotional Safety Plan
- NAMI Mental Health Helpline: 1 (800) 950-NAMI (6264) or email@example.com
- Teen Line Hotline:
- Call (310) 855-4673 or 1 (800) 852-8336 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. PST
- Text “TEEN” to 839863 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. PST
- California Coalition for Youth Crisis Hotline 1 (800) 843-5200, 24 hours/day; 365 days/year
- Teen Line Hotline:
Courageous Families, Courageous Kids (Grades K-2)
Courageous Families, Courageous Kids (Grades 3-5)
Courageous Families, Courageous Kids (Grades 6-8)
Courageous Families, Courageous Kids (Grades 9-12)
PPP Forgiveness Application Deadline
Congress passed The Economic Aid Act which changed the deferment period from 6 months post covered period to 10 months post covered period. For example, if your covered period ended June 30, 2021, under the new guidelines the earliest your first loan payment wouldn’t be due until April 2022, and you have until then to request forgiveness. Please use the following calculation to help you identify when your forgiveness will be due:
- PPP borrowers may select a covered period anywhere from 8 weeks to 24 weeks.
- RCU is automatically calculating your loan due date based on a 24-week covered period, if you intend on using a shorter covered period please inform us immediately as this will impact your due date.
- Your correct deadline will be reflected in your online banking account.
If all or part of your PPP loan is not forgiven, your first loan payment will be due the first of the following month after a decision is made by the SBA.
Leaving Our Website
You are leaving our website and linking to an alternative website not operated by us. Redwood Credit Union does not endorse or guarantee the products, information, or recommendations provided by third-party vendors or third-party linked sites.