An RCU Health Savings Account (HSA) provides flexibility and control over you and your family’s health care costs. HSA accounts are available to individuals who are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP). Contributions are tax-deductible and can be used to pay for qualifying medical expenses such as co-payments, treatments, prescriptions, and more.
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) allow your employer to make pre-tax contributions on your behalf
- Your own HSA contributions are tax deductible, allowing you to save on medical expenses
- Distributions may be tax-free when used for qualifying expenses
- Funds carry over year after year, no "use it or lose it" provision
- Use your RCU HSA Visa® debit cards to pay for qualifying medical expenses. Widely accepted with most health care providers
- You can also use your HSA account to pay for healthcare with checks
2021 HSA Contribution Limits (can vary year to year):
- Single Coverage: $3,550
- Family Coverage: $7,100
- Catch-Up Contributions: $1,000
Want to know about HSA contribution limits?
- You must be eligible to participate in an HSA
- You must maintain an RCU membership to be eligible
Do you have questions about high-deductible health plans (HDHPs)?
Apply for your RCU HSA Account today!