Support the credit union movement
RCU's goal is to ensure our industry can continue to benefit consumers, businesses, and our not-for-profit initiatives.
Credit Unions: Why Advocacy is Important
RCU leaders meet regularly with federal, state, and local lawmakers to represent the best interests of our Members and the credit union industry. It is our goal to ensure credit unions can continue to benefit consumers, businesses, and our not-for-profit initiatives.
Let Your Voice Be Heard
We occasionally ask Members to voice their support or concerns over pending legislation that affects you and/or the credit union industry through our website, newsletter, emails, and Connect for the Cause alerts. Connect for the Cause is an important credit union advocacy tool that allows Members to voice their opinions on important issues affecting credit unions. See below for details.
Connect for the Cause
The Connect for the Cause webpage provides:
1. An overview of pending legislation.
2. Prewritten but customizable emails and letters to send to your lawmakers.
3. Optional email alerts so you can stay informed about important issues and updates.
Sign up today for Connect for the Cause and become a credit union advocate.Connect for the Cause
Thank you for your support!
PPP Forgiveness Application Deadline
Congress passed The Economic Aid Act which changed the deferment period from 6 months post covered period to 10 months post covered period. For example, if your covered period ended June 30, 2021, under the new guidelines the earliest your first loan payment wouldn’t be due until April 2022, and you have until then to request forgiveness. Please use the following calculation to help you identify when your forgiveness will be due:
- PPP borrowers may select a covered period anywhere from 8 weeks to 24 weeks.
- RCU is automatically calculating your loan due date based on a 24-week covered period, if you intend on using a shorter covered period please inform us immediately as this will impact your due date.
- Your correct deadline will be reflected in your online banking account.
If all or part of your PPP loan is not forgiven, your first loan payment will be due the first of the following month after a decision is made by the SBA.
Leaving Our Website
You are leaving our website and linking to an alternative website not operated by us. Redwood Credit Union does not endorse or guarantee the products, information, or recommendations provided by third-party vendors or third-party linked sites.