Redwood Credit Union (RCU) is committed to partnering with you to ensure the safety and security of your accounts and information. We assure you it’s safe to use technology (computers, tablets, mobile phones) and our credit and debit cards to perform transactions, make payments, and access your accounts. RCU’s Zero Liability Guarantee is our commitment to protecting you, so you can be confident when using these services.
We guarantee when using RCU’s digital services or payment cards (credit or debit), you will not be held responsible for removal of any funds by someone you haven’t authorized. RCU guarantees:
For transactions in RCU online or mobile banking, or charges made to your RCU credit or debit card initiated by someone you haven’t authorized, we’ll reimburse 100% of the transaction amount, plus any related account charges imposed by us or lost interest resulting from such transactions, provided you notify us within 60 days of the unauthorized transaction. This includes:
- Online theft of your account numbers or password
- Removal of funds from your accounts by someone you did not authorize
RCU’s Zero Liability Guarantee applies to personal and business accounts that have met the Member Commitment outlined below.
Your role in protecting your accounts and privacy is very important. We ask that you partner with us by:
- Keeping your online and mobile user name, password, account numbers, personal identification number (PIN) and other account data confidential.
- Keeping a secure password—it should be difficult for others to guess, not be written down or shared, and it should be updated/changed regularly.
- Not sharing your card, PIN, username and/or password with others. If you do so, resulting transactions are considered authorized.
- Logging out of your account after each use when using RCU online or mobile banking.
- Regularly monitoring and reconciling your account transactions and report any unfamiliar, suspicious, or unauthorized account activity to RCU immediately (you may be required to provide additional information as requested, such as a written affidavit and/or police report, if applicable).
- Keeping your computer and mobile devices up to date with virus protection software.
To report suspected fraudulent or unauthorized online or mobile transactions on your account or card, please contact us immediately at (707) 545-4000 or 1 (800) 479-7928, or visit your nearest RCU branch.