Skip nav to main content.

I think I am a victim of a scam. What should I do now?

If you have sent money to someone that you think may be a fraudster, the first step is to try to recall the transaction. If this was sent through Western Union or MoneyGram, go directly to the retailer or call the customer service phone number for the service you utilized. Let them know that you are the victim of a scam and that you would like to recall the funds, if possible. The money may already be gone but it is important to be certain. If you wired the funds through RCU, immediately go into an RCU branch or call the Member Service Center at 1-800-479-7928 so we can begin an investigation. After you have notified RCU and attempted to recall the funds, it is important to file a police report. When filing a report, make sure you have all documentation related to the scam. This could be important to their investigation. If the fraudster accessed you by phone, you may want to change your phone number. They will continue to call and will give your information to other fraudsters hoping to capitalize on another victim.