CUSO Financial Services
You are being referred to CUSO Financial Services, LP (“CFS”) the brokerage firm and Registered Investment Adviser that provides non-deposit investment products and advisory services to Redwood Credit Union members. CFS and Redwood Credit Union have entered into an agreement whereby the Credit Union has agreed to use CFS for investment advisory services. Below is some important information for you to understand about this arrangement.
- Financial Advisors at Redwood Credit Union are employed by the Credit Union and licensed with CFS
- The Credit Union is not a current investment client of CFS and is not affiliated with CFS. Redwood Credit Union has strategically contracted with CFS to offer products and services to assist with member investment goals.
- The Credit Union provides the Financial Advisors with resources to assist CFS. As a result, the Credit Union receives compensation from CFS if members establish an investment advisory account or engage CFS for financial planning services.
- The Credit Union will receive between 30% and 35% of the investment advisory fee or financial planning fee that you pay to CFS minus fees and expenses. The Credit Union will receive this fee for as long as you maintain an investment advisory relationship with CFS that is originated through Redwood Credit Union
- You will not pay a higher investment advisory fee or financial planning fee because of the compensation paid to the Credit Union.
- The Credit Union has a conflict of interest as defined by the SEC because it has a financial incentive to recommend that you establish an investment advisory relationship with CFS to assist with your investment goals.
The Credit Union is not authorized to provide investment advice on behalf of CFS. However, the Financial Advisors employed by Redwood Credit Union may provide investment services based on their licensing through CFS.
For important information related to our fees and services, please review the CFS Form ADV Part 2A or visit adviserinfo.sec.gov/firm/summary/42132.
Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (“CUSO Financial”) (“CFS”), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CUSOFinancial: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CUSO Financial. The credit union has contracted with CUSO Financial for investment services. Atria Wealth Solutions, Inc (“Atria”) is not a registered broker-dealer or Registered Investment Advisor. CUSO Financial is a subsidiary of Atria.
PPP Forgiveness Application Deadline
Congress passed The Economic Aid Act which changed the deferment period from 6 months post covered period to 10 months post covered period. For example, if your covered period ended June 30, 2021, under the new guidelines the earliest your first loan payment wouldn’t be due until April 2022, and you have until then to request forgiveness. Please use the following calculation to help you identify when your forgiveness will be due:
- PPP borrowers may select a covered period anywhere from 8 weeks to 24 weeks.
- RCU is automatically calculating your loan due date based on a 24-week covered period, if you intend on using a shorter covered period please inform us immediately as this will impact your due date.
- Your correct deadline will be reflected in your online banking account.
If all or part of your PPP loan is not forgiven, your first loan payment will be due the first of the following month after a decision is made by the SBA.
Leaving Our Website
You are leaving our website and linking to an alternative website not operated by us. Redwood Credit Union does not endorse or guarantee the products, information, or recommendations provided by third-party vendors or third-party linked sites.