We’re committed to the security of your account, and with fraud and scams on the rise, we wanted to take this opportunity to remind you of some of the top actions you can take to protect your accounts:
1. Provide us your current email, mobile, and home phone number, so we can contact you right away if we find fraud on your account. The more quickly we can contact you in the event of fraud or scam, the better we can protect your accounts. You can easily add your contact information by logging in to online banking and selecting the Profile and Security menu. If you need additional help, try these detailed instructions. Remember to update your information any time you move or change your email or phone number.
2. Sign up for transaction alerts in online banking. You can choose which alerts you’d like to receive and how you’d like to receive them (text or email). Alerts are a great way to immediately identify if any unauthorized transactions happen on your account. Read here to learn more about setting up alerts.
3. Never give your information as a response to a text or email. RCU will never request account or personal information through a text message or email. If you receive a message claiming to be from RCU and you do not recognize the number or are unsure if it is actually from us, do not respond to the message or click the link; instead contact us directly through our website contact center or online banking if you have concerns.
4. Use a complex password and change it periodically. Use a mix of lower- and uppercase letters, numbers, and special characters, and don’t make it something that is easy for others to guess. Read more tips for creating a secure password.
5. Use our mobile app, and fingerprint access (available on most newer devices) to actively monitor your accounts throughout the day. This is the most secure way to check your accounts, and the fastest way to detect fraud on your accounts.
If you are not already enrolled in online banking, we highly recommend it as a great tool to keep you informed in real time about account activity. And if you ever notice anything suspicious or find unauthorized transactions on your accounts, contact us immediately.
For additional tips and information, visit our online Security Center.