Redwood Credit Union (RCU) is committed to the safety and security of our Members’ funds, and we want to ensure that your online experience with us is safe, secure, and transacted with the utmost confidentiality. When you use our RCU Online banking service, you can be sure that your account transactions are being handled just as securely as if you were using our telephone banking, ATM, point-of-sale or branch services.
Redwood Credit Union’s Commitment
We guarantee that when you use RCU Online banking, you will have zero ($0) liability for any removal of your funds by someone you haven’t authorized while we are handling your online transactions. In addition to protecting your account with encryption technology, Multi-Factor Authentication and automatic sign-off (after 15 minutes idle time), RCU guarantees:
- For any transaction through RCU Online initiated by someone you haven’t authorized, we will provide 100% reimbursement of the transaction amount plus any related account charges imposed by us or lost account interest resulting from such transaction, provided you notify us within 48 hours of discovering the unauthorized transaction. This includes:
- Online theft of your account numbers or password
- Online removal of funds from your accounts by someone you did not authorize
Our Online Banking Guarantee applies only to our consumer and sole proprietor-owned business accounts who have met the Member Commitment outlined below; your account is open, in good standing and not overdrawn at the time the fraudulent or unauthorized transaction is posted to your account and you have not reported two or more incidents of fraudulent or unauthorized transactions in the preceding 12 months. This coverage does not apply to offline transactions, online transactions conducted outside of RCU Online banking or to business and other non-personal accounts, other than sole proprietor-owned business accounts.
You are responsible for keeping your online user name, password, account numbers, personal identification information, and other account data confidential. This includes the following:
- You have created a secure password that would be hard for others to guess and have not written down or shared your online user name or password with anyone.
- You regularly monitor and reconcile your account transactions to identify any suspicious and/or unauthorized transactions.
- You have securely logged off from RCU Online by selecting “Sign Off” before leaving the computer you are banking from.
- If you suspect a fraudulent or unauthorized transaction has occurred, you must notify us within 48 hours of discovery. You will provide such cooperation and information regarding the transaction as we request including, but not limited to, a written affidavit. If you do not notify us within the 48 hours, we may only be able to offer partial reimbursement, and if you do not notify us within 60 days, we may be unable to offer any reimbursement.
If you knowingly share your username and/or password information with others, we will consider any direct or indirect transaction initiated online by this person as an authorized transaction.
How to Contact Us
To report suspected fraudulent or unauthorized online activity on your RCU Online account, please contact us immediately at (707) 545-4000 or 1 (800) 479-7928.