Important Information about RCU's new chip (EMV) card
Please review the following frequently asked questions (FAQs) for important information about RCU's new chip card.
What should I do when I receive my new card?
- Immediately activate your new card in one of two ways:
- Using RCU's mobile app by selecting "Manage Cards" from the menu and then selecting "Activate Card"
- Calling (800) 527-7728
- Destroy your old card by shredding the card or cutting it up.
- Updated your card information with any services where you've stored your payment information (e.g., Apple Pay, iTunes, Amazon, Internet Service Providers, etc.)
- Your old card will continue to work for a limited time until your new card is activated. Don't wait!
When will I receive a new chip-enabled debit card?
- RCU has completed the process of issuing chip-enabled debit cards to all of our debit cardholders!
- Members were notified in advance as to when their card would be arriving.
- If you have not received a new chip-enabled debit card or have misplaced the card you received please contact our member service center or visit your nearest branch to receive a new replacement card.
Will my debit card number stay the same?
- Yes, your new chip card will have the same card number but it will have a new CVV code and expiration date to better protect against fraud.
What else has changed on my new card?
- A fresh new card design
- Your card will have a new expiration date and CVV
- An embedded chip (EMV) to provide you added security when used at chip-ready merchants and ATMs. (All RCU ATMs are now chip-ready!)
What else do I need to know?
- Instead of swiping your card, leave it in the machine during the transaction (don't forget to take it out when the transaction is complete!)
- Your PIN number will remain the same.
- Merchants (retailers and restaurants) are continuing to convert to the new EMV transaction process. As chip cards become the norm and as merchants convert the time to process transactions will decrease.
- If a merchant is not chip-enabled, your card will work using the magnetic stripe on the back.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience during the transition to your new card. Your new chip-enabled card will provide better security for your accounts. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us at 1 (800) 479-7928 and select 3, 3 for assistance. Thank you for allowing Redwood Credit Union to serve your financial needs.
Apple®, the Apple logo, and Apple Pay® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.