For Members who are experiencing financial hardship, we encourage you to use the resources provided by EDD. They offer a direct deposit transfer option which will allow you to have your funds sent directly to Redwood Credit Union. There’s no need to go to a branch or use an ATM. The funds can be sent electronically. The process is fast and easy.
How can I set up a direct deposit transfer from my EDD card to my Financial Institution?
You will need Redwood Credit Union’s routing number and your RCU account number.
Redwood Credit Union’s routing number: 321177586
How to find your RCU account number:
- Log in to your account using online or mobile banking
- In online banking, it will be on the Summary screen, labeled Direct Deposit Info
- In the mobile app, it will be under Deposit Accounts, labeled Direct Deposit Info
For more detailed help finding your account information (including screen shots), click here.
You can send funds to a checking or savings account. To send funds to a money market, select “checking” when adding the account information into the Bank of America website.
Other ways to access your EDD debit card:
How can I use my EDD debit card?
You can use your card to make purchases anywhere the Visa cards are accepted. Or you can go to an ATM. If you select one of Bank of America’s network ATM’s there is no charge. Otherwise they allow you to make two free withdrawals per benefit at non-network ATMs. For more information please visit Bank of America’s EDD page at: https://www.visaprepaidprocessing.com/Content/PRC384/CP384-T03-019/_Html/Answers-EDD.html.
You may also visit a branch to withdraw funds; however, for safety and social distancing reasons, we recommend using electronic or phone channels to do your banking. Our Member Service phone representatives are unable to perform cash advances over the phone. RCU will not know your account balance so you will need to use Bank of America’s online tools or phone system to find out the balance.
For more information about EDD and Bank of America’s debit card program please visit the EDD website: https://www.edd.ca.gov/About_EDD/FAQs_The_EDD_Debit_Card.htm
Additional information about direct deposit transfers (excerpt from Bank of America’s website):
A direct deposit transfer is done electronically and transfers the money available on your EDD Debit CardSM account to your personal checking or savings account. Most can be done quickly. After you receive and activate your card, contact Bank of America either online or by phone, 1-866-692-9374 (voice), or TTY 1-866-656-5913, to set up your direct deposit transfer.
Important information about direct deposit transfers:
- Direct deposit transfers cannot be performed until you receive and activate the EDD Debit Card.
- You do not need a checking or savings account with Bank of America to set up a direct deposit transfer to your own account with another banking institution.
- Direct deposit transfers can be set up as a one-time transfer or as an automatic recurring transfer.
- A valid e-mail address is required.
- This option can be set up by contacting Bank of America either online or by phone, 1-866-692-9374 (voice) or 1-866-656-5913 (TTY). Do not contact the EDD to set up a direct deposit transfer.
- If immediate access to your funds is critical, you may choose to only have a portion of your benefits transferred to your personal bank account and keep the remainder on your card, so those funds are immediately available.
- You may begin, modify, or stop your direct deposit transfer at any time.
- Direct deposit transfers may also be referred to as a “funds transfer.”
How do I set up a direct deposit transfer to my checking or savings account?
After you receive and activate your card, contact Bank of America either online or by phone, 1-866-692-9374 (voice), or TTY 1-866-656-5913.
You will need the following to set up a direct deposit transfer:
- An EDD Debit CardSM issued in your name.
- A valid e-mail account.
- Your routing and account numbers for the account you want to transfer the money to.