EMV® Chip Technology
Added security for your RCU Visa® credit and debit cards.
A more secure card experience.
All RCU Visa® credit and debit cards have embedded chip technology (EMV) into to provide added security to your accounts. With chip technology, your card number and account information are not shared during the transaction—instead, a unique code number is generated so your account information remains encrypted and secure.
What to do
- When you receive a new RCU credit or debit card, activate your new card immediately
- Destroy your old card
- Update your card information with any services or merchants where you’ve stored your payment information (e.g., Apple Pay®, Amazon®, streaming services, internet service providers, etc.)
- Once you activate your new chip card, you can start using it immediately
How do I use it?
- Insert your chip card into the reader and leave it in the machine until your transaction is complete
- If applicable, sign or enter your unique PIN
- Remove your card when prompted
- The magnetic strip will continue to work at machines that aren’t chip enabled
Insert your chip card and leave it in the machine until your transaction is complete.
Sign or enter your unique PIN when prompted.
Remove your card when prompted and you're done!
EMV® is a registered trademark in the U.S. and other countries. The EMV trademark is owned by EMVCo, LLC.
Apple®, the Apple logo, and Apple Pay® are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Amazon® is a registered trademark of Amazon Technologies, Inc.
PPP Forgiveness Application Deadline
Congress passed The Economic Aid Act which changed the deferment period from 6 months post covered period to 10 months post covered period. For example, if your covered period ended June 30, 2021, under the new guidelines the earliest your first loan payment wouldn’t be due until April 2022, and you have until then to request forgiveness. Please use the following calculation to help you identify when your forgiveness will be due:
- PPP borrowers may select a covered period anywhere from 8 weeks to 24 weeks.
- RCU is automatically calculating your loan due date based on a 24-week covered period, if you intend on using a shorter covered period please inform us immediately as this will impact your due date.
- Your correct deadline will be reflected in your online banking account.
If all or part of your PPP loan is not forgiven, your first loan payment will be due the first of the following month after a decision is made by the SBA.
Leaving Our Website
You are leaving our website and linking to an alternative website not operated by us. Redwood Credit Union does not endorse or guarantee the products, information, or recommendations provided by third-party vendors or third-party linked sites.